Get ready for the upcoming Norway Triathlon race on
Saturday, July 13, 2013
The Norway Triathlon promises to be an exciting and fun sprint triathlon on and around beautiful Lake Pennesseewassee (Norway Lake) in the Oxford Hills region of western Maine. The purpose of the triathlon is to promote healthy active lifestyles, to conserve local natural resources and to help the local businesses and economy. Proceeds from the event will benefit the Western Foothills Land Trust and its mission to conserve and preserve the natural ecosystem, watershed, farm and forest land, and scenic landscapes in western Maine.
All competitors will have RFID timing chips to gather accurate transition times and split times. Relay swimmers, bikers and runners will transfer chips at the exchange. The exchange will be the tag off.
Registration is now OPEN for the 2013 Norway Triathlon
Online registration is through
All participants must be 18 years or older.
Download this event to your calendar.
NEW THIS YEAR - If you have enough T-shirts, you may wear your own and donate your shirt fees to the work of the Western Foot Hills Land Trust. Just select 'Donate T-shirt" when you register.
2012 Race Summary
provided by Back 40 Timing
- Photos Slideshow
2011 Race Summary
2010 Race Summary
- A 2/3 mile (1 km) lake swim, with wave starts of 30 to 50 per wave.
- You will be placed into the appropriate wave based on stated ability and experience.
- The course is a triangle of equal legs around two offshore markers with a return to the start area for the bike transition.
- Boats with certified life guards and medical professionals will be on the swim course for assistance.
- Use of wet suits will depend on the water temperature on race day.
- There is a jog from the water course to the transition area over a smooth wood chip path. Shoes may be left at the water venue if desired.
- An 11.6 mile (18.72 km) out & back course with rolling and flat terrain and lake views on low traffic country roads.
- There will be an aid station at the midpoint along the route, as well as lead and sweep vehicles.
- Athletes should have water onboard. Maintenance will be the responsibility of the rider.
- A 3 mile (4.8 km) rolling hill course on paved roads, gravel paths and grass trails with beautiful views of the lake.
- There will be an aid station at the race mid point.
Relays are required to tag off at their designated bike rack spot only. The cyclist cannot remove the bike from the rack before being tagged by the swimmer. The cyclist cannot tag the runner before re-racking the bike. The overall time for a relay will be the aggregate of times for each of the members.
Timing will be performed by B-40. Each leg of the triathlon will be timed. Top finisher times will be announced on the day of the event as awards are given.
- Top 3 male/female individual overall
- Top 3 male/female/coed relay
- Top 3 in each age category (19 and under and every 5 years.)
The 2011 Norway Tri is sanctioned by USA Triathlon (USAT). If a participant is not a member of USA triathlon, you will need to purchase a $10 one-day membership when you register.
There will be an awards ceremony, music, raffle, and plenty of food and drinks available to athletes. It will be a fun, festive atmosphere for the family so stay around and hang out with your fellow triathletes starting approximately at 10:30 AM.
The Norway Tri will not be cancelled for any reason other than severe conditions that pose a danger to athletes or volunteers. Race management reserves the right to alter the course in whatever way they deem is in the best interest of athletes and volunteers. This includes but is not limited to, shortening or changing the course, removing one of the sports, postponing the start, etc. There are no refunds in case of weather-caused changes or cancellations. If cancelled the Norway Tri will not be rescheduled.
Registration may be cancelled up to June 14, 2012. The $75.00 individual or $105.00 relay team registration fee will be refunded. No refunds will be honored after June 9, 2011. Should it be necessary to cancel your registration contact email@example.com or call 207-739-2124.